Dental Health Community
Dental Abscess / Cheek
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dental Abscess / Cheek

Hi,

I have a abscess above my main "chewing" tooth on my upper right side. I am under no illusions, I need a root canal or an extraction which I have been putting off for a long time.
Anyway, I am on day four of Flucloxacillin tablets, however, my cheek is becoming slightly more puffy as the days go by. Starting to look a bit like a hamster now.
The pain from the abscess near the tooth has gone, only extreme pain is when I apply any sort of pressure to the cheek.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
call your dentist and explain whats going on. he may want you to come to the office and/ or he may change your medication.
Blank
Hi
I am getting quite a lot of pain on and off around my cheek area and gets more painful when pressure has been applied.  There currently does not appear to be any swelling on the outside but possibly lumpy on the inside with a bit of a funny taste at times.  I had rotten teeth for some time due to dental phobia and had two teeth out last month.  Teeth have been sensitive since then and pain around cheek area feels worse that toothache  before I had teeth out.  If this is a cheek abscess how is it treated???
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank