Dental Health Community
Dental Crown feels too big

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Dental Crown feels too big

I had a crown on a upper molar back in Sept 2009.  The temporary crown never bothered me but when I went in to get the permanent crown my first comment to the dentist was that it felt too big.  She filed down one area but seemed in a hurry to hustle me out and tried to explain that it would be bigger than my original tooth.  I can not leave this tooth alone, I constantly clench on it and 'play' with it with my tongue.  I have gone back to the office 6 times and each time they file it down to where it feels better but then a few hours later I am noticing it again and clenching on it.  At work, I am distracted enough that it doesnt bother me too much but every evening I have to wear my night guard or I will clench my teeth to the point my gums are tingling.  I am so frustrated with this dentist I dont really want to go back but on the other hand I want this fixed.  Not sure if they still need to file this down more or if I need it removed and remade.  Any suggestions?
Hi. I see that you never got a response...I am having the exact same problem with a bridge.  I was wondering what you ever did to resolve the issue.  Any suggestions are appreciated, as I am about ready to take a pair of vise-grips and rip it out.  Thanks!
hey all...well the temporary shouldnt have botherd you cause they probably made it much smaller so it would not touch the opposing tooth because temps are fragile, not like the premanent.

i suggest going back and demanding that they fix it, the more time you let go by the more they will think it was something you did.

remember your dentist works for you, your not working for them.
Cant tell you how sorry I am to hear you are having this same problem.  I also wanted to take vice grips and pull this thing out and it wasnt until I made my 7th visit to the dentist and told her this that she finally took the time to file, file, and file the crown some more.  It still isnt perfect but much better than it was.  My only suggestion is to go back to the dentist and insist that it either needs to be reshaped or re-done.  That seemed to get her attention when I said maybe we needed to remove it and re-do it.  I wish you the very best of luck!..
What is bothing you is that  metal post she put down into you tooth under the crown. have her to take it off and just put procin fill in to your tooth. that why your clenching your teeths. Some dentist will pull metal into your tooth without you knowning it. in you will star clenching down at night all because of the mnetal under neath your crown it's poison. They know what going to happen to use all and it wrong for dentist to keep on hurting patient all because of money.