Dental Implants vs Dental Veneers
My 18 year old daughter has two missing teeth in the front of her mouth (top).  The baby teeth have not come out, but are loose and she has missing teeth there. We've been told from many dentist, orthodonics, etc...that they have never seen this in any of there patients and is very unusual.  Apparently it's a birth defect.  Because she or we (parents) do not have dental insurance, it's very costly to have dental implants.  Would Dental Veneers be less expensive, and does she actually have to have teeth where the veneers would go, or can she do veneers instead of the implants?  Also, we consulted with a dental school to see if they can do the implants for free, but they do not work on the front teeth only the back.  Do you have any suggestions on how we can do this at low costs?
I don't think your daughter would be a candidate for veneers.  You have to have a tooth present to put them on.  If the teeth are missing, a veneer would have nothing to adhere to.

Although costly, implants really would be the best solution.  In the long run they function as regular teeth and are actually less costly over a period of years than a bridge would be, with no sacrificing of any other teeth.  

You may want to look into CreditCare.  They provide loans at low costs for medical and dental procedures.

GOOD LUCK,.
My very best to you and your daughter,
Gellia