Dental Health Community
Dental Implants
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dental Implants

Recently, I started the process for a dental implant.  I have had the extraction.  How long is this whole process going to take?  If I had realized just how much this process involved, I would have given it a lot more thought.  I had a tooth with a crown and root canal.  The tooth continued to be somewhat troublesome, but not painful-more of a nuisance.  This week I got a "flipper" as a temporary tooth replacement.  Of course that costs more out of pocket, but it was just too obvious for me to be comfortable in the apparent months that are ahead for this process to be completed.  
I am interested in how the process has been for others.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi there,
Dental implants preserve bone since they function like tooth roots. The implants should be completely embedded in the bone. The bones must bond to the implants; this whole process takes place between 3 to 9 months on an average. The overall time required depends on number of factors involved like patient’s dental health, which teeth are to be replaced etc.Clarify your concerns with your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps.
Best of luck and regards!
Blank
Thank you for your information.  I better understand the process.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...