Dental Sterilization question
Quick question....I went to the dentist yesterday. I always look around the room to see everything is clean, i noticed on the dental instrument cassette tray there were stains on the metal that looked like drops of blood, but could have been rust, i don't know. My question is... do those cassete trays stain or are they suppose to be spotless after sterilization? and were the instruments sterilized? You would think those dental instrument cassetes would be spotless after Autoclave
a lot of times some solutions the dentist uses to fill a cavity can possibibly cause the stains. usually when you go for a cleaning the hygenist takes the tools out of a sealed plastic bag that the tools are put into when taken out of the sterilizer as does the dentists aid  while s/he works on your teeth. i wouldn't worry too much about sterile instruments. the dentist has plenty of people to sterilize the tools that are used in your mouth. i'm like you though. i look around the room 1st thing i look at are the cooling and heating vents and returns if they're dirty i ask the dentist when was the last time those were cleaned and the filters changed. if s/he don't like it too bad. i'm more concerned with heavy dust on shelves and other things than the instruments. if you have concerns come right out and ask them. what's that?