Dental Health Community
Dental X-rays

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Dental X-rays

I visit the dentist every five months for teeth cleaning and that's all that's necessary to be done. I have all my teeth except the widoom teeth were pulled 25 years ago, because the dentist felt, they were useless and could cause problems later. Every time I go, they are pestering me about X-rays. I think it is a money maker for them and I really can't afford them. Nothing was ever found during these sessions. My question is: do I still need them at my age (72) or should I just say: " I am done with that?"
They are not tryin to scam you out of money you really need to have xrays done for he the simple reason though you have no pain or neither yourself or the dentist don't see anything wrong the xrays show things in your gums, the nerves and inside the tooth. My sister is the same way never ever had a complaint about her mouth no pain did not see anything only went to the dentist for a cleaning until one day she decided to get the xrays and believe it or not she had a major infection in her nerves.

I understand that you are of 72 years of age you need to realize as well that as you get older you loose bone mass on the teeth. I strongly suggest you get an xray and I am sure others will tell you also. A full dental exam does mean xrays. Please get it done you may never know if there is anything wrong and you don't know about it.