Dental Health Expert Forum
Dental implant rejection
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dental implant rejection

I recieved a extraction and imediate dental implant about a month ago. I experienced servere throbbing pain for weeks then the pain went away. The implant then came loose and needed removed about a month after it was put in. I just had it taken out four days ago and the used a bone grapt to fill in the hole. I now am experienceing the same throbbing pain as i did with the implant in. Can my body reject the bone graft? Why do I have so much pain?
Related Discussions
540545_tn?1377626518
Its possible I suppose to have a rejection of the bone graft unless its an autogenous bone graft, which is a bone graft from your own bone.  In that case, it'd be weird to reject your own self.  You may be experiencing pain from the surgery itself.  I would recommend contacting your dentist to let him know.  If it was a rejection, I would imagine you would have a chronic irritation in the area that won't go away as the body tries to "fight" off what is there.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank