Dental Health Community
Dental question about bridges

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Dental question about bridges

When I was 14 I was in a bad jet ski accident and really messed up my teeth.  My front 2 teeth were shoved completely into my gums and i lost my number 10 tooth.  I had braces on at the time which saved most of the teeth.  What they did was pull them down, put in a bunch of stitches and put the braces back on.  I was without a tooth for some time while it healed and then they put a bridge on for the #10 attached to the #11 tooth.  It has been 14 years since the accident and the bridge and everything was going fine.  We have been watching the resorption of the 2 upper middle teeth as they have been slowly dying.  Now i have pain in on of my front tooth and from the x-ray we can see that there is not much root left and is about dead.  What my dentist is recommending is to pull the 2 front teeth.  Take out the old bridge tooth and do a new bridge all the way across the 2 front teeth, so in essence a 5 unit bridge.  Is this what would be recommended, or would implants be the way to go?
You probably will not get an descent answer based on your descriptions. Detailed consultation with your dentist or second opinion is advised.