Dental Health Expert Forum
Dentures as Natural as Possible?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dentures as Natural as Possible?

After reading some of the posts here, I am glad my dentist and oral surgeon are good!

That said, even though my immediate upper denture (all teeth pulled on 10/19/2006, but bottom front 6) has served me well for a week now. I know it's going to take time to get used to eating and talking again. No biggie. I stuttered as a child and over came that, so this should be a breeze ;-)

My questions are:

1. Since it still have my lower 6 teeth, I prefer to wear my dentures 24/7 (I use that 5 minute cleaner each day while a shower) as I am afraid the bottom 6 will find their way into the surgery site of the top gum during my sleep. Is this healthy in the long run? The ADA site wasn't very clear, but they didn't make it totally sound bad. Saying taking them out "promotes health". Whatever that means!

2. What is the best upper denture I can get? Is implant denture (I can have 4 post, but not 6 without major surgery) best or as someone mentioned here a metal pallet being better than an acrylic one. Which is better, are there more choices out side of full implants (too cost prohibitive).

Thank you for your time!!!