Dental Health Expert Forum
Different types of dental pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Different types of dental pain

This is going to be a bit long, but I will try to be brief.

Basically I have really bad tooth decay, I went to a periodontist about 6 months ago but my insurance wouldn't cover the deep cleaning and I haven't had money to get it done yet.

I did have a root canal done about 4 months ago, but no crown on it yet again because of the money issue.

Question #1: For the past year or so, I have had very frequent headaches/migraines, jaw pain and discomfort, ear pain and neck pain. Could this all be associated with the tooth decay?

Question #2: For the tooth I got the root canal, if I cannot afford the crown, should I just have it extracted? Its near the back, so I dont mind how it looks with a missing tooth.. nobody could see it even when I smiled big.

Question #3: I also have all 4 wisdom teeth (that they want a few thousand to remove)... could those be causing the different pains?

Basically I am just worried if I keep putting this off, I will do some sort of permanent damage. Currently looking for a community health center that will do x-rays.