Dental Health Community
Discoloration of front teeth
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Discoloration of front teeth

4 years back, my front two teeth were getting discolorised.
I got composite coating on them. Now, one of them again looks sort of gray in color and i have this nagging pain there all the time. As far as i remember, i had root canal done for both of them.
Can you please advise about :
1. Will have to get the teeth extracted ?
2. Is composite coating safe at all ?

Also, additional advise is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
nothing can be said without xrays and a dentist.  what i mean is some things really need to be seen rather than guess over the net.  these teeth have had trauma and if you have pain id get to the dds very very soon.  could mean the difference between keeping them and losing them.  what i can say and its just a what if kinda thing is teeth turn grey or darken when they have been traumatized.  you think you had a root canal, on both or just one?  i am guessing there could be infection, or a crack or something to cause new pain and its a must to be seen.  eventually the best thing is to consider more coverage than just composite.  front teeth and composite dont last very long.  there are many options but it would be up to a dentist to determine what works best in your particular situation.
Blank
270696_tn?1243551620
After teeth have been root canaled, the best option is to put a crown over that tooth.  Because without the nerve eventually that tooth will start to die and become discolored.  The pain could mean that the tooth in re-infected or cracked.  You shouldn't need to have the teeth extracted.  As far as the composite goes, it would be fine if the tooth hadn't been root canaled.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...