Dental Health Expert Forum
Do I need Braces aAgain?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Do I need Braces aAgain?

I had braces from the end of 4th grade to the middle of 9th. Now I'm in 12th and my left front tooth is CROOKED. It's not that it's sideways. It's just lower than my other front tooth, which makes it look crooked from the side. Do I need to get braces again for just one tooth, or is there something else they can do? I REALLY do not want braces again, but the tooth looks awful.
You can either go back to your orthodontist and see if you can get a special made retainer that can push the tooth back into its proper position that you can wear at night or maybe even during the day.  If not, Invisalign is another way to go, which are invisible braces that function kind of like a mouthguard that pushes your teeth into place.