Do I need a bone graft?
I have periodontal disease. I have 30% bone loss in some areas and 10% in others. I have recently had a deep tissue cleaning (three months ago) and have noticed that although my gums are now tighter to the tooth they have receeded a lot, probably to meet the new bone level.

I have also noticed that my lower front teeth are a little loose, I asked my periodontist about this and asked if a bone graft was necessary. She said no that I had only lost 2mm of bone and she could only give me back 2mm with a graft. She then said that 1mm would be lost as this always happens when bone is exposed and so finally I would only get 1mm and 1mm would not be worth it. Is this correct? Can a bone graft between the small front teeth help?

My teeth are just going to get looser, how can I stop this? would a gum graft be a better idea?

thank you