Aa
A
A
Close
Do I really need deep cleaning?
My gums are pink and do not bleed from brushing or flossing and I have a few 4's in the back.  I do have some irritation from irritating crown margins and hypersensitivity to dental materials.  Why do dental hygienists push for deep cleaning?  Have it done, they say, then come back every 3 months for a cleaning instead of twice a year.  I'm always told I have hardly any tartar.  Is it the extra money?  I worry about getting any infection from previous patients because no matter how clean they try to be, there is always contamination and HIV is a big worry now.  I ordered a Hydro Floss oral irrigator and highly recommend www.mamagums.com  who is a dental hygienist who is big on baking soda, peroxide, and oral irrigators.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Well, I had the deep cleaning done and it was an expensive waste of time.  I think it's just a scam to make a lot more money.  She only did a couple of teeth in each quadrant and decided they were less than 4 mm deep.  2-3 is normal. She really could find any "pockets" so I am wondering why she kept pressuring me to have it done$$$$.   But I did research gum disease and as a result learned that what I have are chronic allergic reactions going on around my metal crowns that can mimic gum disease in appearance.  And I bought a Hydro-Floss oral irrigator as recommended by mamagums.com and I love it.  Just remember not use it above a "5" setting and keep it moving while bending over the sink.  People with gum disease report pockets healing up.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources