Dental Health Community
Do you visit the dentist every 4 months

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Do you visit the dentist every 4 months

Do you visit the dentist atleast once every 4-5 months for a general check up. Even if you have good set of teeth and no problems you should should still visit your dentist for a general clean up, or check on cavities. But do people take out the time to do that.

This discussion is related to Gum Boil.
I do, and it's recommended that everyone visit their dentist twice per year for cleaning and "checkup"/exam. It's not bad. You only get one set of teeth. Take care of them. Many insurance plans provide 1 cleaning and exam per 6 month period.
I don't visit the dentist as often as I should, like most people I wait until I have something wrong to go see my dentist. Unfortunately when this happens it's already too late. But to be on the safe side, we should do a checkup every 6 months dentiste hongrie

Best
The best thing you can do to maintain good oral health is to get your check-up and teeth cleaned every 6 months.  It will save you a lot of money and pain in the future.....well worth it!
Hey isthebman. I really appreciate the fact that you visit your dentist regularly. And you have rightly said, we get just one set of teeth so its important to take care of it properly. General check up ad regular cleaning is something all dentists recommend
I did, even in my pregnancy twice. But I still developed an infection later and had to go through a RC. The tooth looked fine from outside and no pain. The infection was deep in the root. Am I the unlucky person then?
Gretchen001,
It is impossible to say wherever you were unlucky one.
There is however this whole research going on right now trying to prove that having teeth cleaned in pregnant women may if not save the baby, but at least not cause harm.
As a good example, if we are to collect all of the lesions in patient's mouth with periodontitis...the lesion would approx. be a size of that person's palm. So imagine having that sort of wound on that person's chest. Imagine how much bad stuff can go in there.

One other thing I would like to add is that every 4 months/6 months visits...There is NO set time for cleaning. Re-Care time varies greatly from patient to patient. So a healthy patient may indeed require re-care interval of 6 months, someone more involved 4 months, someone who had bone graft done - light cleaning every 2 weeks. I should probably stop here as I tend to carry on talking about insurance codes and the though of dental health being secondary to overall health. :)
Thanks very much. I will certainly still go to have a teeth checked and cleaned every 6 months. I guess I am that sort of person who is very prone to decay or tooth infection. Also I really enjoy having a set of white and clean teeth.
Such an interesting question. I once worked for dental surgeons in Ottawa and I saw the difficult procedures that many had to endure because of their lack of cleaning visits. I would recommend going at least once a year, even this would help with problems getting worse.