Dental Health Community
Dry, yellow tongue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Dry, yellow tongue

I found this forum and a similar post about what I'm going through right now.  I'm 26 and have Sjogren's syndrome.  The beginning of February my thirst started to become unbearable.  I have had recurring vaginal yeast infections since December and finished flagyl on March 13th.  4 days later I started to get this yellow furry film on my tongue that won't go away.  I thought it was thrush and have been on Nystatin for over a week now, but it seems to not be getting any better.  I went to the rheumatologist who has prescribed Evoxac for the dryness, but am puzzled as to why I can't get this nasty and embarrassing yellow tongue to get back to normal.  My energy level is near to nothing, I can't concentrate on anything and am very jittery. My resting pulse rate is 52 and I am not physically active.

From the later half of January up until the middle of February I had a terrible cold that wouldn't leave, but never went to the doctor for it.  My daughter was diagnosed with RSV, so I assumed I had an adult version of it.  I can't seem to get better.  Once one thing goes away, another rears it's ugly head.  

Does anyone have any input on why my tongue still has a dry, yellow coating even with thrush antibiotics?

This discussion is related to Yellow Tongue with Thick Yellow Patches at Back.
Hey I am kinda relieved in a way to find someone who is expirencing the sam things I am. Mu energy is shot, my tongue is yellow, I can't get rid of the yeast infections, and no matter what i am sick and miserable and always thirsty. I was told by the doctor  it was pre cancerous but he said it so casually and rushed me outta the office like it was nothing. Whe wasn't worth my time. i am going to my dentist tomorrw to try n figure all this out.
Oral candidiasis( thrush) is generally highly responsive to antifungal theray in 72 hours. Your are probably on corticosteroid therapy for Sjogren's syndrome. Your medical condition requires oral medicine specialist 's attention.Seeing an oral medicine specialist is advised.
I really doubt that the yellow tongue is pre cancerous.. why a dr would say that without an explanation is beyond me! Do NOT go there again! What did your dentist say?  I went to mine and asked and he didn't have a clue.  I think it has something to do with the sjogrens not digesting the food properly- not enough enzymes from the saliva...s ince it is in short supply. My stomach always seems to feel bad when it is rearing its ugly head. Have you heard anything more.  One dr of mine did a tongue scrapping to see if it was fungus (thrush) and it wasn't..