Dental Health Community
Dry Socket
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dry Socket

Good morning or evening or day or night or afternoon ladies and gentlemen and whassup. Me again. My name is Hamed Khatiz and I am a wisdom surgery recovery patient. I had the operation on Thursday 2PM (Monday 1:16PM here) and I noticed something. The swelling has gone down dramatically, so I am nearly home and the pain from the sockets has gone down. Except for one.

The socket on the bottom left hand side still hurts quite considerably. Do I have dry socket? My problem only ticks one of the boxes. I do not have a suckish taste in my mouth, I do not have bad breath, I do not have moulding, whatever that is, it just hurts. Probably on a 4 from 10, if I brush my teeth and accidentally hit it, that would go up a 6 or 7. What do you reckon?

I am going to contact my surgery, Richard, cause I don't even think they operated on that side, I think it might have been the bottom right instead. But what do you say, dry socket or something else.

Advice, thoughts?

Khatiz.