Dental Health Community
Dry Socket

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Dry Socket

I posted a question on July 1. Since that time, the pain within the dry socket has progessivlely gotten more tolerable. Now I am having discomfort in the gum area surrounding the socket. I can visibly see that the socket is starting to look smaller.  I went to a followup appoinment with my oral surgeon a few days ago and he said that the socket was healing very well and that the tenderness and inflamation (inflammation) was part of the normal healing process and I have no infection.   Has anyone who has experienced a dry socket had this occur during the healing process?  It seems as if a dry socket goes through various stages of healing.

If JoTown is out there, please let me hear from you. You were so helpful to me.
JoTown, your comments were so helpful to me.  Since our condition seemed to run paralle, would like to know if you experienced these same symtoms (symptoms).
Thanks,
Veronica