Dental Health Community
Dry socket agony
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dry socket agony

I had 2 teeth pulled out 4 days ago, one premolar and one molar on the right side. I am getting ready to get braces and these extractions had to be done, plus I will need to have another extraction on the left side in about 8 days. I am still suffering from this excruciating pain on my right side. The headaches are horrible and it is making studying very difficult. My rt eye keeps hurting and I keep rubbing it. The pain comes with the headaches. It is almost continuous, non-stop. I went to the dentist 2 days later and he packed them. The one that hurt the most was  the tooth with the root canal. The dentist broke the tooth twice during extraction. Then he had a hard time pulling the root of the tooth out since it was stuck inside the gum. They gave me instructions on how to prevent a dry socket. I followed everything they said, yet still managed to get one. Oxycodone didn't help very much, aleve was useless. Tylenol helps after a while, but is it safe to be taking 1g Tylenol 1-2 times a day for days and days, because they pain just won't go away. I mean I am afraid this will injury my kidneys after a while, with all the analgesics. I really just want something that will make the pain go away and not make me drowsy because I have to study and prepare for exams. Please help ..don't know what to do !!!