Dental Health Community
Dry socket and medicated dressing
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dry socket and medicated dressing

I had one of my lower teeth removed (not wisdom) 4 days ago and it developed a dry socket 2 days ago. I went in and they put the medicated dressing in and it helped a lot. I still have pain if I don't take the pain medicine on the 4 hour mark but it's not as bad as it was on the first day I got the dry socket. I have to go back in tomorrow to get the dressing changed but I am scared to death to do it. They gave me 2 numbing shots last time and it hurt like no other because my cheek was still swollen and sore. It actually made me cry. Will they do the numbing shot again? Which do you think hurts worse- the numbing shots or getting the dressing put in and feeling it? I know I'm suppose to get the dressing changed everyday so does it get less painful with each day? Since going through this I have developed a huge phobia of dentists! I can't wait for this to be over. Please if you have any information I would love to hear it so I can be prepared and not surprised by the pain. Thank you!