Dental Health Community
Dry socket help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Dry socket help

On April 30th, I had 4 wisdom teeth extracted.  Three days later I developed dry socket in the right lower socket.  My oral surgeon ended up packing it approximately 10 different times, then he went in and did the scraping of the bone surgery to develop a new blood clot.  After 14 packings, he decided to take out the packing and within three days I was a mess and so he started packing it again.  Now I am on vacation in Florida and I had to see an oral surgeon down here to do the packing for me.  Well his packings tasted different than my oral surgeon in Illinois, but the pain also eased up.  He sent me home 4 packings and said my husband could change it for me.  Well I went ahead and had my husband change the dressing today b/c it was really bothering me.  When he took it out there was pus all over it and now I am completely freaking out.  Isn't pus a sign of infection?  What should I do?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I have now had this socket packed 20 times.  Thanks!