Dental Health Expert Forum
Dry socket infection and chronic headaches
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dry socket infection and chronic headaches

Hi all I had a tooth extracted over a wk ago and have been back to dentist 3 times so far, they say could go on for wks possibly and kp putting gauze in with an aneasthetic on it to help. Of course it is Christmas and i said it would be closed but they said i am classed as an 'Emergency' so can go back as many times as need to. I have quite a tolerence to pain even as a woman lol, but it is more the headache and feeling quite yucky that is bothering me more. I can feel in my ear aswell. I have been taking 600mg of Ibuprofen but now feel i am immune to them, so need anything else that can be recommended.
Where the extraction has been taken out on the inside of the roo of my mouth i can tell it is swollen as feels different to the other side of my mouth and if i touch with my tongue that also shoots to my head!
Thanks guys