Dental Health Community
Earl Grey tea for tooth extraction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Earl Grey tea for tooth extraction

I had a tooth extracted over 12 hours ago.  It is still bleeding slightly.  I have read that you can use "regular" tea bags to help, but all i have is Earl Grey tea.  Is that ok to use?
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
For bleeding after extraction it is advised to place a wet piece of gauze (wettened from cool water) and apply it to the extraction site. You should hold it in place firmly by closing your mouth for at least 45 minutes. It is advisable to avoid using green tea or Earl Grey.Only a regular teabag can be used. The tea releases tannic acid onto the extraction site which helps formation of a clot. If the symptoms are severe or persistent seeing a dentist will be helpful. Do write to me again on how you are doing.
Best wishes and regards!