Electric shock feeling
Hey everyone so here's my problem, I recently as in 3 weeks ago got all four of my wisdom teeth removed. Everything went good and I was feeling really good and back to my old self after about a week. 4 days ago I accidentally bit down on a piece of  food in the spot where my left wisdom teeth were removed and it hurt bad. Yesterday I started to get this electric shock feeling in he left side of my tongue whenever I eat on the left side of my mouth. It feels like when you have a filling and you chew on aluminum foil and you get that small shock. But it happens every time food goes on that side of my mouth.  The shocking feels like it is in the left side of my tongue and happens every time I try to chew food on that side. I'm really concerned about this shocking feeling. I went back to my oral surgeon and he said he doesn't know why that is happening but that my wounds have completely healed already so it's not coming from them. He also said that there is no infection or swelling that it looks really good and he doesn't know why I keep getting this shocking feeling. He said not to eat on that side and we if it goes away. Any ideas on what it could be I'm kinda worried about this?
This actually helps it describes Exacly how I've been feeling but is it weird that my symptoms only now started 3 weeks after the wisdom teeth were removed and not directly after cause all the articles I'm reading say that the symptoms start right after you have your teeth removed. And I went to see my oral surgeon today and described what I was feeling and he said he had no idea why I would be having the shocks at all wouldn't be know that this is common in wisdom teeth removal?
I have had the same thing. It's been more than a year after my wisdom teeth were removed, though. Are you still having this issue?
I am having this issue, it showed up even a week after my surgery. If i clench my jaw at all it seems to get the shock feeling, almost as if i'm touching a 9 volt battery to it. I told my oral surgeons, and they assured me it's not a problem, they are not sure why it is happening but seemed to think it was a muscle weakness from not moving my jaw, and it should return to normal. They said to call back in a month or two if it is not gone. However It keeps on getting worse. I'm sort of worried that eventually it will be more than just my tongue. I thought I'd share what happened to me just in case someone else is also having this problem.