Dental Health Expert Forum
Extraction & sinus lift for #14
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Extraction & sinus lift for #14
Due to extension bone loss from periodontal disease it is recommended that #14 be extracted. I want to have an implant placed when possible. I was told that I need to have ridge augmentation done before a sinus lift is possible.
Why can't bone grafting, etc. and a sinus life be done when the tooth is extracted?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
6 Answers
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
540545 tn?1377626518
You should ask your dentist in regards to your particular case.  It may be that there is an abscess in the area and any other surgical procedure will have a hard time healing, resulting in a lower chance of success
Discussion is closed
Cancel
There is no abscess in the area.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
540545 tn?1377626518
Is this the same person?  
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Yes. Periodontal treatment was completed a year ago. There was not any bleeding on probing.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
540545 tn?1377626518
You may want to ask the oral surgeon in the Oral and maxillofacial Surgery section.  I don't do any sinus lifts or ridge augmentations so I'm not sure why they would wait unless they felt the chance of success was low.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Thanks for your response.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now