Dental Health Community
Extreme swelling after root canal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Extreme swelling after root canal

My wife recently had a root canal, 3 days ago, and with that root canal came some pain....as to be expected.  Last night she was in EXTREME pain and I noticed slight swelling around her jaw.  I though this was unusual so I told her to go back to the Dentist.  She returned today and informed me that the dentist performed some more work on her mouth.  He apparently pulled one of the fillings our of her root, injected or inserted, some anti-biotic and refilled it.  Now there is noticeable swelling around her jaw and she is in even more pain than the previous night.  She has been given some more Anti-Biotics and some pain-killers and she is in tears.  Is this the  sign of something more serious?  There is no place for me to take her this time of night, so I thought I'd try this.