Face swelling
I had root canal and a crown. Root canal was no problem. Once the crown was put on, my face swells and I've been hospitalized and had intravenous twice. Could the dentist pushed so hard, as to harm the sinuses? I am at a lost, this is going on since March. HELP!!!!!

This discussion is related to Tooth Filling to Maxillary sinus swelling to severe ear popping.
Delivery of a crown is highly unlikely to cause face swelling. Face swelling is probably caused by intrabony infection of maxillary teeth or periodontitis, if no other systemic conditions identified.
Thank you so much for your response. Do you think I will need a specialist, or would a dentist do? Opinions are most welcomed.
Thank you so much for your response. Do you think I should call a specialist or would a regular dentist do? Opinions are most welcomed.
A general dentist probably can identified the source of infection. However, if the source of infection is periapical pathology of molar tooth, endodontist probably can deliver a better quality of treatment.
Thank you for your responses. Again face swelled Sunday and Monday. Went to dentist, said all was fine after taking x=rays of upper and lower. Put me on medication,, Tuesday I went to a regular doctor of mine (oncologist) and he is baffled. My face is down now because of the antibiotic, but I can't be on the anti. for much longer. I am checking into endodontist's in my area.