Dental Health Community
Facial numbess due to bad tooth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Facial numbess due to bad tooth

I recently have started to experience mild facial numbness around by left eye and upper left cheek for a while now

Here is my dental problem

Back in 1996 I had my upper left wisdom tooth worked on, second from the back.  basically it decayed to the point of breaking apart and my dentist at the time did not do a root canal yet did some kind of treatment and filled it.  i do not know the treatment.  For the next 10 years it seemed fine but then last year it began to hurt.  I finally went to a new dentist and found out it is in really bad shape and the only hope is a root canal.  Plus I am blessed by having the next wisdom tooth over decayed to the point of complete removal.  that was in feb 2007.  A short while later I suddenly got this mild facial numbess on that very side.  Nothing severe.  And the tooth is starting to hurt more and more (i'm getting the root canal soon just a matter of saving up to afford it)

COuld this facial numbess be related to it and if so does it mean i waited too long to get this fixed?  The numbess is not getting worse btw
I was wondering if anyone has ever had this