Dental Health Expert Forum
Fatigue, whole body pain, low body pH, jaw pain, toxicity

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

I was going to post a question to seek suggestions for my medical condition which I believe is centered in my jawbone.   But I've read answers to similar questions and am guessing the answer would be "the problem is probably not dental -- see an M.D.".   Which may be correct but I've seen doctors for five years of many specialities.   After being given a diagnosis of fibromyalgia (no test for it so the diagnosis can't be proven wrong!), I researched my illness myself and have chronicled it at www.yantis.net/toxicity .   Along the way, I've discovered the ADA and most dentists say the jawbone and teeth cannot affect the rest of the body and that jawbone necrosis (dead bone) is inert, localized and does not spread if it is present.   I've also e-mailed with people who discovered this was not true, had jawbone necrosis removed and their health returned.  This is either controversial or unknown among 99% of dentists (it appears).  I am still having necrosis removed but mine has spread so much that it may be too late.   It took me four years to find a dentist/oral surgeon who knew of this and could treat it.  My pH is down to 4.3, my saliva is pale yellow (from being so acidic) and I can no longer function on my own.   All of those I have e-mailed with who caught it in time and were cured, the necrosis and toxicity began from a root canal, tooth extraction or some other dental work.   If you have these symptoms, it may indeed be medical and not dental but you may also wish to check out my site or www.cavitat.com.   The ADA ignores it and few dentists know of the ailment.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thank you for your posting and the information within.  It's a shame we didn't have this venue 5 years ago to help you.  Good luck with future treatment.
Could you clarify what you meant by your comment? Were you aware of this condition 5 years ago, and is this condition (cavitations) for real? Cheers.
I am currently experienceing the same symptoms, fatigue, whole body pain, jaw/ ear/ neck and now my right arm and underarm are hurting as well.  I had a root canal done and then went back to have the root ends cut due to cronic (chronic) pain and my dentist could not find a piece of the root that showed up on the xray.  She ended up leaving that piece in there.  Since then all the symptoms I explained have come about.  I have a CT scan coming up and I would love to know if anyone has anything simular or can shed some lite on this.  Sorry to hear about yours as well.  I finally went to the walk-in clinic, after seeing a ear,nose,and throat guy (nothing found) and then an Orthopedic (because of neck pain).  The Walk in clinic dr. suggested Osteomelyitis (infection in the bone), so now I'm thinking this could be the problem?  Also, when I press on any part of the jaw bone or behind the ear, I have severe pain, and I get this weird taste in my mouth (puss?) Help, I'm desperate to find out what to do!
A related discussion, pain was started.