Food stuck in wisdom tooth extraction hole?
A piece of what I am assuming is a white food is stuck in one of the holes left from my wisdom tooth extraction. The extraction was almost three weeks ago, and the food has been stuck since yesterday afternoon. I have tried using my irrigation syringe but the water pressure doesn't seem to be enough to get the piece of food out. Should I attempt to remove it with tweezers? Could it be some sort of non-food part of the healing process? Thank you!
Hello there,
A clinical examination is important to confirm the exact cause of your symptoms. The longer a food particle stays trapped between the gum and tooth, the greater the chance the gum will become irritated and infected and can become a serious problem if left untreated. You may try rinsing your mouth with warm saline water. This will help in dislodging the food particle. If it doesn’t come out see a dentist. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
When I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed, I found that food used to get stuck in the healing lower gums, and especially rice.

I used to pick it out with a clean toothpick.

If you do have a problem of getting it out, see the dentist to help you to remove it, otherwise it will delay the healing process and it could get infected.

Best wishes.