Dental Health Community
Front Tooth Numbness & Dull Ache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Front Tooth Numbness & Dull Ache

My top left incisor began to have a slight ache accompanied by a numb feeling in the immediate area 3-4 days ago.  Heat or cold do not seem to affect the issue nor does pressure on it.  The dull ache & numb feeling are pretty much constant with exception of taking 400mg ibprophen which makes the ache go away for about 6 hours.  I did have trama to the tooth about 10 years ago when I did a face dive from my bike which chipped the tip off.  This has been repaired twice in total (last time was about 1.5 years ago).  I have had no issues with the tooth since the original trama.

I went to the dentist today to have it checked out.  He took an xray which showed no signs of infection or inflammation and the nerve appeared healthy and identical to my right incisor.  He then performed a cold test using nitrous? and my left incisor has no sensitivity to cold, the rest of my teeth tested had normal sensitivity.  My dentist concluded the nerve may be beginning to die which would require a root canal but suggested I wait a couple of weeks as there's a chance it could resolve itself.

Any opinions or suggestions on this?

This discussion is related to Front Teeth and Gums numb.
Your dentist gave good advice,see if it resolves its self in a couple of weeks and if it does'nt, go back.
Did you get this resolved? I have exactly the same condition and it's been like that for over a month now. Seeing the dentist in a couple of weeks...