Dental Health Community
Front teeth crowns problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Front teeth crowns problems

I had my 6 front teeth crowned last summer.  My dentist was wanting me to do this for the last 4 years and I finally did it.  I have acid reflux and my teeth are in bad shape with a lot of fillings, etc...   He wanted me to do all 6 at one time so they looked more natural. They look great but the problem is in October I was eating a sandwich and the left front tooth crown fell out.  I called the dentist and he had me come in.   He said everything was fine and he recemented it and that I should not have any other problems.  Then last week I was eating chips and the right front tooth did the same thing.  I was not pleased.   I went back in and saw the other dentist in the office and she just recemented it and gave me no explanation on why just that there was not any decay etc...   I am just really upset and now really worried about anything I eat.  I got this done so I would not have any other problems and here it has been less than a year and both of my front teeth crowns have fell out.   I am very frustrated.  Should I go to another dentist to get their opinion?   Any advice would be helpful.

This discussion is related to correction of loose crown.
Retention of a crown depends on many factors. As long as the tooth structure is intact, recementation is acceptable.However, there may be excessive occlusal load imposing on the tooth , which results in loss of retetion. Please ask your dentist adjust the occlusion so that the chance of loss of retention is minimized.