Dental Health Community
Fruit Juices with no added refined sugar - Can they cause cavities?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fruit Juices with no added refined sugar - Can they cause cavities?

I have a question about fruit juices. Not Hi-C and fruit punches, but the Naked Smoothies and Cranberry/Orange Juices that say 100 percent juice no sugar added.

I'm quite thin and my doctor told me that I have to gain weight if I want to have a healthy pregnancy. So roughly two years now I'm drinking a lot of these smootie juices from Naked. As well as my orange juice, cranberry / grape juices and smoothies from my fruits I make myself.

I think, though, this migh effect my teeth. I had a filling done last year and I think I have pain now on the other side of my mouth that might indicate another cavity. However, I went for a cleaning a month ago and he didn't find any cavities. I brush twice a day and after sugary snacks if I'm home.

But I drink two full cups of juice a day. Will I need to worry about my teeth? Should I water down my drinks? Drink with a straw? Like I've said, these are 100% fruit juice drinks and made of natural sugar. Thoughts?
oh, and I tend to eat a spoonful of honey too (fertility reasons) every other day or a few times a week...is that bad for the teeth? How would you suggest a consevative amount of sugar for someone who has a bit of a "sweet tooth"
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...