Dental Health Community
Gap between gum and tooth - sore
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gap between gum and tooth - sore

A few days ago I noticed sensitivity on my gum beneath one of my bottom teeth. I thought it was an abscess forming so I called my dentist and got an emergency appointment. My gum had swollen between two teeth, not considerably but enough to see something wasn't right.
My dentist flossed, took an x ray and then did a scale and polish. He said more than likely some food got trapped down there and caused inflammation and the pain will subside.
That was 3 days ago now and it's still very much the same despite using some corsodyl mouth wash to try and speed to healing process up.

However since gently flossing there I've noticed there is a gap between my gum and my tooth, quite a significant one. I wouldn't say the gum is receding however its more of a pocket and every time i eat it really hurts.

I don't know whether I should book another appointment to see my dentist again? It's leaving a bad taste in my mouth let alone the discomfort it's causing.
Will this heal? My teeth have always been fine, no fillings/decay. He said my gums seem fine and so does the enamel on my teeth. Really concerned that this won't heal or fix itself.
3149845_tn?1386354841
Hi, if the gum has receded ( which is normal with age) that area can be a little sensitive to healing esp if you keep bushing that area. Maybe just floss and pick the area for now to see if starts to heal. If your overly concerned then see your dentist again.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...