Dental Health Expert Forum
Gapped teeth, what can I do?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Gapped teeth, what can I do?

I'm 22 yrs old..& I've had gaped teeth since I was a kid, and I don't know if I'm imagining it but it seems to grow apart more over the years a little bit. Its not just in the front teeth, but basically the front row bottom and top.

Another thing you should probably know also is that I grind my teeth a lot when I sleep.

What are the treatments? I am thinking of braces, but are there any other options an can I get more info on braces how it works and everything?

Thanks in advanced.
There is basically two options.  One is braces.  The other option is to do veneers or some type of cosmetic makeover.  I would recommend braces because there's no drilling on the enamel of your teeth (or very little) compared to the veneers.  Also, the braces may fix your bite.  If you are grinding, it will put alot of stress and wear/tear on the veneers and may cause them to fracture in the future.