Dental Health Community
Geographic Tongue
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Geographic Tongue

How long does Geographic Tongue last? What causes it? and is it something you will typically have for the rest of your life once diagnosed with it?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi there,
Geographic tongue is caused by Vitamin B deficiency. Irritation from hot spicy foods can also cause such a tongue. There is loss of finger like projections on the tongue called papillae. Usually no treatment is given but if treatment is needed antihistamine gel or steroid mouth rinses may help with discomfort. Zinc supplements and mouth rinses may help. It can be persistent and recurrent. For additional queries consult your dentist and get your doubts clarified. Write to me again.
Take care and regards!
Blank
Thanks for your reply! I asked my dentist and she didn't know much about it. She said it usually never goes away. Does this mean that its usually always persistent for years/life in most ppl? Or is it usually something that eventually clears up and there may be periodic flare ups?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...