Dental Health Community
Grade 4 Titanium Dental Implant - Personal Story

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

To everyone out there,
I wanted to inform this community of my personal experience with my Grade 4 Titanium implants. Got the implants done on Nov 2012. After 2 weeks, I started getting various wierd health issues... breathing problems, chest pain, difficulty in swallowing, heavy phlegm and bad taste in mouth. I went to ENT, who did lot of testing and told me there is nothing wrong in my body. He referred me to a Gastroenterologist, who did an Endoscopy which showed Nothing. He asked me to see an Allergy specialist as he suspected this could be because of some allergy. That was when I started to relate my implant with these issues. For me, nothing in my diet or surroundings changed and the only change in my body are the implants. My periodontists told me that these issues could not be because of the implants but he agreed to remove them if I wanted. Finally, I got all 3 of them removed 3 days back. No one would believe... My difficulty in swallowing issue went away that night itself. Today is my third day after the removal of the implants. I feel energetic back again and my breathing problems have reduced significantly. So to all those considering Titanium implants, I would suggest you to listen to your body after the implant is done and if you feel anything wrong, please consider your implant as one of the cause of the issue and not believe in what the Drs out there say...
Thanks for sharing your story, but it is exactly what you titled it "Personal Story."  Titanium is used everyday in many medical circumstances with no reactions at all.  I think what you experienced is unique to you.