Dental Health Community
Gum Grafting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Gum Grafting

I just had gum grafting about 4 days ago and the stitches have already come loose a bit.  I called my periodontics, and they said it was normal, however looking in the mirror now, it seems some of the grafting tissue from my palate has disappeared?  Is this even possible.  There is one tooth where the stitches are just sitting over my tooth where it used to look like gum is suppose to be.  Is it possible for gum tissue to wear away while eating or rinsing?  

The grafted tissue appears low for this particular tooth also which I intend to tell my periodontics.  But that will be about 3 days later.  When does the grafted gum tissue become permanent?  That is, can it still be moved after 7 or so days?  

Please someone help me understand this.  Thanks
it seems some of the grafting tissue from my palate has disappeared?

I mean the tissue taken from palate & placed over the tooth area that needs it seems to have disappeared from the tooth area, is this possible?  This is regarding the lower teeth in the front.
I had a frenectomy with skin grafting done 3 days ago and am worried about my graft over my gums not taking as I have been chewing a lot. Any idea  how you know if you did damage to your frenectomy/skin grafting site?