Dental Health Expert Forum
Gum Inflammation

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Gum Inflammation
I am being treated for a possible infection with amoxicillin.  I have swollen upper gums on the right side.  My cheek feels swollen, but doesn't look abnormal.  I have no tooth pain.  Last week I had a filling replaced and one other filling on the same quandrant (upper right).  I have been on the antiobiotics plus paridex for 5 days, but I am not seeing much improvement.  The swelling is worse in the morning upon waking.  I sometimes feel that the right side of my head is also swollen, especially above my ear and the base of my skull on the right side.  At times, the right side of my tongue will have slight numbness and my mouth can feel quite dry, but this is only periodically, not constant. Can this be casued by a dental infection.  Also, I am wondering how long before this clears up?  Thanks for your help.
bump