Dental Health Expert Forum
Gum between teeth gap recently appeared! i'm worried.

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Hello.

I am very worried about my teeth, recently some kind of "gum" extension" appeared in between my teeth in the bottom row, in the front, and more keep showing up, even though those are small.

I include a pic in this post so you can help identify the problem, I am very very worried, I am 17 years old almost 18, can this have something to do with the wisdom tooth? My parents dont want to take me to dentist because they think this is silly, please help me :(

It doesn't hurt whenever I press it, i keep doing elixirs everyday and it doesn't go away!

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7808/teeth.png
It probably doesn't have to do with your wisdom teeth.  

Your gums appear pink and healthy.  They are a bit swollen though.  Have you been brushing and flossing the area gently?  Don't brush or floss the area too hard otherwise you'll irritate it some more and make it swollen again.  When was your last dental checkup and cleaning?

What kind of elixir are you using?
Thanks for you reply!

Yes i've been brushing more than ever lately, I DON'T floss though I know it's a big mistake of mine but it seems too much work to do it and I dont think I get that much food in between my teeth anyway.

I use this kind of red elixir, here's a pic. I don't know the name in english though (im portuguese) http://www.farmashop.pt/Imgs/product/16651/lacercloro_i3.jpg, it specifically says it's just for the gums, I used to do a green elixir though but my mom told me that one was better. http://www.angelinifarmaceutica.es/otc/consumi/tantumverde/TantumVerdebg.gif

My last dental check up was about 2 years ago, unfortunately it's kind of expensive here and my parents can't afford it :(.

But if you think I should go do it asap because of this I appreciate if you told me coz this is driving me crazy, I am kind of worried about it and my parents think it's just some kind of "aft" "pimple" of those normal ones that show up inside of the mouth!
Hiya,

I would suggest flossing and cleaning the area out some to see if that helps.  If its been two years since your last checkup, I would highly recommend you go for a checkup as well as bring up your situation.  It may be just irritated gums from the crowding of your teeth resulting in difficult hygiene.  Also, brush gently as brushing too hard can damage your gums.  

The pink stuff is chlorhexidine, not sure what the green stuff is though.