Gum over my wisdom tooth
I have a gum that had grown over my rear last tooth on the left lower jaw which is probably know as wisdom tooth.There is no pain in the tooth buth the dentist cut the flap that was sitting over the tooth but now i am experiencing pain around the gums and the cheek bone which is kind of giving me pain in my left ear as well .The gum over the tooth has been cut off but the pain which started occuring after the gum flap was cut off is still there around the gum that surrounds my tooth and the ear which has been reducing.would there be possibilty of an infection or should i get my tooth extracted to avoid any further complications.I have been prescribed amoxicillin as well but i havent finished the entire dose.would the pain be gone eventually after the amoxicillin or should the tooth be extracted.please advise me.
Thank You
Wisdeom tooth is generally indicated for extraction. Seeing an oral surgeon is advised.