Gum pain on one side of bridgework
Help!  I've been so traumitized by this whole event that I'm terrified to go back to the dentist.  I was having alot of pain and feared I would need a root canal under an old bridge that I had.  1st they said it was sensitivity, change your toothpaste.  Went back and they said, your grinding your teeth, bought a 500.00 night guard.  Before the night guard could come in the pain was unbearable.  They were unable to find anything on previous Xrays...but now it had become sensitive to hot/cold.  

Was put on antibiotics that wiped out my intestines and cause diarhea for months.  Had a root canal, got a new bridge, had several adjustments for bite.  

From day one, there has been pain around the gum line of the outter side of the back moler.  The Dr checked it and said the gum looks fine.  It doesnt hurt if you press down on the tooth.  It doesn't hurt if you press on the inner side of the gum line around the tooth.  But there is a constant dull pain along the right side and pronounced pain when you press on the outter side of the gum line along the tooth.  

It has been 2 years, I have finally paid off the bills from this and I need to address it.  Just the thought of going back makes me so anxious.  Should I get a 2nd opinion?  Should I continue on with the Dr who did the work and try to get her to fix the problem?  What the heck is the problem?
If the affected tooth is periodontally healthy and no hard tissue pathology identified,the gum symptom probably comes from occlusion. Symptomatology of Occlusal trauma introduced by occlusal interference may present gum pain, bone aching, sensitivity to chewing and temperature.Root canaled tooth does'nt respond to temperature. Some patients develope tmd symptoms later on.Seeing an occlusion dentist is advised.
An occlusion dentist?  I'll have to check that out.  I've often wondered, if the bridge were set too deeply, would that cause problems as well?  I was biting down awfully hard when the bridge was being set.  I did not want to go back.  And thank you so much for your feedback!  :-)
I have searched for an occlussion dentist in raleigh nc and do not see one.  What would be the next best thing?  
Tmj specialist or Prosthodontist familliar with occlusal equilibration may solve your problem.