Dental Health Community
Gum tenderness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Gum tenderness

For quite some time now (over 12 months) I have had tenderness in the gum above one tooth (front upper).  My dentist did a root canal as the tooth was also throbbing and tender.  The root canal did not settle and due to a recent severe pneumonia and sepsis it was decided to remove the tooth to remove any chance of reinfection.  Since the removal of the tooth the gum is still tender and the gum throbs.  If I push on the gum I feel tenderness and a sensation.  This is only in one spot, quite high up in the gum, almost directly below and to the side of my right nostril.  There is no swelling or redness.  As I have been very ill I am concerned that there is some sort of bacteria causing this tenderness which could be affecting my general health.  Does anyone know what the possible cause of this tendernes could be?  Thank you.