HAD WISDOM TEETH PULLED
Had my wisdom teeth cut out and when i woke up i could stop laughing i had the nurses laughing and the DRs laughing and my husband i remember everything unlike a lot of ppl and i remember during the surgrey a some point i was choking while they pulled my teeth but like i was laughing so hard after surgery and when i got home i started cry because my tongue was numb and my lip and chin was numb to but real question is why was i laughing so hard after surgery this is the first time having work done on my teeth but not the first surgery and why is it i remember choking while they pulled my teeth even tho i should have been passed out???
Hi there,
Paresthesia usually happens after a difficult tooth extraction. Numbness of the tongue, lower lip and chin is a potential complication of extracting lower wisdom teeth. It is possible that this numbness is due to the local anesthetic used. These symptoms usually disappear within a day or so. Only in rare cases where there has been an injury to the nerves of the jaw there can be permanent numbness of the lip and tongue. Choking sensation during extraction might be due to severe pain or the dentist’s instrument being in the mouth causing choking feeling. A clinical examination may be necessary for correct management of your condition. Contact your dentist. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!