Dental Health Community
HOW COME THE NOVOCAIN IS NOT WORKING

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

HOW COME THE NOVOCAIN IS NOT WORKING

i was suppose to get my 2 upper molars 1 right and 1 ledt taken out today and was not able to because no matter how much novocain they gave me I was not num.
ever since i have been going to this dentist i dont num the 1st was with the root canal but decide not to get because it does not always work so figured i would get them pulled
With my other dentist she took out 3 wisdom years ago and she said i was not completely num but she tooth took 3 out but i only felt pressure from one.
Some somebody please tell me why i am not numming now for the new dentist?
I am thinking it is because i am fighting it because subconsiously my brain is wants me to go to my regular dentist because i trust her and confidence in her.  please some one help me with this
Hi.. I have that problem too and im am very nervous today as i have to go back to dentist to finish my root canals... It seems strange as only my bootom teeth dont numb!!!!
Do you think you have an infection, as i read about Hot Teeth, where they are so infected that they full of Acid and so the injection does not work.. Like you i have a new Dentist as im a brit but in Greece and im scared.. Do you smoke? As i heard too that smoking stops it working too.. I dont smoke but worth a try..Did you know that you can legally have up to 20 shots well thats what my dentist told me!!!
I hope you find an answer and let me know and good luck, i feel sad for us all with this defence against Dentists jabs..
Hi thank you for your reply.
Even with the dentist I use to use she had a hard time numing me but she got the job done but I have been using her since I was teen and when I was child her father was my dentist. I do not smoke THANK GOD but this is getting to be to much now.
I am going to see my old Dentist on Tuesday and see what she says if for some reason she does get me num after a few shots then I know it was all in my head meaning because I have used for so long I have gained alot of trust and confidence in her that to me she will not do anything to hurt me or mess up in anyway.
She did how ever years ago take 3 wisdome teeth out. I went in only knowing I was going to get one out but after it was all done she told me was it bad I said no I just felt the pressure on the tooth. And she said I have news for you I extracted 3 of you wisdom.
I did not believe her until she showed me.

Well I will keep you posted when I see her on Tuesday.
I wish the very best for you as well with your new Dentist and that all works out for you.
I dont know, really... He just injected the nerve out last time with one of them and that was so painful, he basically flooded the canal with that injection and out shot my hot and crazed nerve... It was horrible and he tried to do it with the secound one and i just refused.. Theres only so much pain i can take and thought days of pain at the dentist were gone, But they are so not.... I have been taking antibiotics for a couple days and will try again tonight, the trick he said tonight is to see if my lip goes numb after the jab, last time after 7 shots, it did not...
I called and cancelled it.. I was to scared to go today, i cant bare my nerve unnumbed again..