Dental Health Community
Hard Ridge Under Gums

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Hard Ridge Under Gums

I have a hard ridge in my upper right side gums. It starts at the third tooth from center and runs the rest of the way back to the end.It's not painfull, but there does seem to be a small shallow cut on it that only runs a portion of the ridge. The ridge rises right where the gum meets the tooth and goes back down before the gums terminate on the upper part of my mouth. Any idea what this could be?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
A clinical examination is very important for correct diagnosis and management. It is possible that you are having mandibular torus .This is a thickening or growth that occurs in the inner part of the mandible. No treatment is usually needed unless they interfere with the normal functions or you need to use a denture or prostheses. I will recommend you to see an oral surgeon for a confirmation of the diagnosis. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!