Dental Health Expert Forum
Hard bump in lower jaw/cheek
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hard bump in lower jaw/cheek

3 wks ago I had my tooth worked on at the dentist to relieve some preassure of tooth pain I was having.  No bump or swelling at that time. I finished my amoxicillan prescribed.  Three days later, I started with pain again and major swelling in cheek.  I went back into dentist and they tried to drain the hard ping pong sized lump in my lower right cheek.  I left feeling less pain, but more swelling and bigger lump/more hard.  I started new anitbiotic Clinamycin for 3 days and began getting sore throat, swollen neck, larger lump.  I went to my doctor since my dentist was on call and instructed me to.  The doctor gave me a shot of rocephan and sent me to an oral surgeon the same day.  They lanced the site but nothing drained.  I'm in so much more pain, with a sore throat, ear and neck now...even worse than before....Any ideas?