Hard bump where my wisdom teeth used to be?
I got my wisdom teeth pulled out around 3 years ago, and since then I've noticed that there's this unusual hard bump around where my wisdom tooth used to be on the top left side of my mouth. At the time I didn't think anything of it because on my right side there's a similar bump, but it's smaller. I thought it was just normal and that it would go away. Well it didn't but for 3 years it never bothered me and I don't have any sort of health insurance. Last saturday I accidentally tripped and fell on my chin, my jaw has been hurting ever since but it's weird because that same bump is starting to hurt. It kind of hurts when I swallow, especially when I eat food, but there's also a cold sore around the area of that hard bump and it could just be my mind thinking the pain is coming from the bump when it's from the cold sore.

Anyways I thought enough is enough and even if it might have been a cold sore, I decided to check out what this bump of mine is. Of course with the internet I got a lot of varying results, some very very scary that may involve cancer but the symptons don't exactly match and it's not in the same spot. There's one guy that I think had the most similar condition as mine, he also has a hard bump behind the back of his molars and said it might have been a result of blood flowing into where his wisdom tooth used to be and he'll need root canal surgery to fix it. When I read that it hit me; a couple of days after I got my wisdom teeth pulled out years ago, I pulled something out of the top left back of my mouth, it hurt a lot and thought a piece of food got stuck in my gums cause it happened to me 2 times prior. It was nudged in pretty deep but I pulled it out. I don't know how to describe it but it was flat. I got really scared that it could have been something really important that was put in there by the guys that pulled my wisdom teeth, but I couldn't go back to the dentist cause my insurance already expired and my family at the time was lacking in money.

Days later that bump formed and nothing happened. No pain for the next 3 years, it hasn't grown or shrunk, so I just let it be. Now I really want to actually do something about it, even if it is harmless, though the thing is I still don't have insurance until I move back to my home country (Canada) in a couple of months. I know the first thing I should do is visit a dentist but I'm in a really tight situation with money. If I have to I'll go, I'm just wondering if anyone can identify the problem, how much of a priority it should be to fix this thing? I don't think it's anything too bad because it hasn't grown or shrunk in 3 years and it only hurts now because I fell pretty hard on my jaw, but again, if I have to I'll just make some financial sacrifices to clear this up.
I visited my aunt who is a dentist assistant, she felt my bump and said it's just part of the gum and said it's normal if one of these bumps is bigger than on the other side. But still, I can't help but feel that whatever I pulled out of my gums 3 years ago around the time I got my wisdom teeth removed has a lot to do with it, and she's still just an assistant, not an actual dentist...