Hard palate
last night my upper teeth, all of them started hurting. I could not figure out why. finally i poked around a little to see if i had a sensitive tooth and found a tender painful spot on the hard palate about half inch behind my front teeth. It is painful to put any pressure on and it feels as though it is most likely causing the pain in my teeth.Any ideas as what it might be?

This discussion is related to Hard Palate question.
Seeing a dentist is advised.
That kind of pain behind my front teeth is happening now. Hot drinks irritate the area as well as hard foods. I will make an appointment to see a dentist, but is there any rhyme or reason to what may be the problem?
I'm not sure this will apply to you, but I had a similar pain for quite some time.  I didn't relate it to a previous tooth infection I had gotten a few years earlier.
I clench my teeth at night and found that it created small fissures or cracks in the enamel in the back of my front teeth.  Over a few years my laterals rotated vertically.  Even then, I didn't have a clue as to what was going on.  It wasn't until I walked into a plate glass door and smashed the teeth that I found the bone was slowly dissolving there and there was infection I didn't even know about. Just that slight pain behind the teeth on the roof of my mouth.
I lost the four front teeth and now have implants healing.
Please go to your dentist and have an xray done to be sure your bone is healthy and strong.  I sure wish I had.  It could have saved me a very stressful summer thinking about having my front teeth pulled.
Best to you and let us know how you both do.
Gellia.
P.S.  The implant procedure wasn't bad at all!