Dental Health Expert Forum
Have Bad Broken Tooth, What Procedure Do I Need?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Hi everyone, I'm new and I've got a tooth problem. Nearly 2 years ago I got hit in one of my front teeth, which already had a cavity, and it broke. I'm not sure which dental procedure would be needed to correct this...crowns, caps, bridges, root canals, it's all very confusing, i've read about em but i'd like your input if it's not too much trouble.

here's a picture of the aforementioned tooth [not pretty]:
[IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/TheJointForum/tooth.jpg[/IMG]
[ http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/TheJointForum/tooth.jpg ]

i live in roswell, NM and i'm considering going to mexico for a dentist since i can't afford $1000 to have my tooth fixed here...anybody have any tips/comments about dentistry in mexico [experience]

thanks a lot everyone, thanks in advance for the help, my tooth really needs it
Avatar_dr_m_tn
From your picture and without seeing an X-Ray you would certainly need RCT then a build up of some kind and a crown. If the tooth is restorable I think it would behoove you to try to save it. I do not know anything about dentistry in Mexico. Beware of getting something cheaper when it comes to your health.
Well, I'm not a dentist, but I did have a reasonably similar experience recently when the same tooth in my mouth broke which was crowned. The break was right at/just below the gum line and my dentist removed the tooth and I had a titanium implant put in my jaw bone and it was crowned - not cheap! I was also offered a bridge.